Wednesday, July 8, 2009

6 More Days

I woke up this morning and got super excited when I realized that I have only 6 more
days before I leave. I have been packing like a madman. I have two 50 pound duffel bags that I have to pack, and 2 carry-ons. I totally stuffed one of the 50 pound-ers and it only came out as 33 lbs, so I had to stuff a few more things in there. Ive got some Steel toed boots, soccer cleats, packs of jerky, sleeping bag.... I have a backpack in there that I vacuum packed some clothes in. I managed to fit in 14 white Ts, 6 other colored Ts, 8 pair of underwear, 8 pair socks, and an entire set of church clothes. Plus a huge water bottle. Right now I just have a huge pile of things that I have yet to pack. Oh, we found a laptop!! Praise God for that.

Thanks Neal, Chris, and Ryan for the fun night last night. Love you guys to death.

Went down to where I had all my things the other day after I came back from working at the church and saw one of the bags of jerky that I made just chillin' on the floor all torn up. I had to chuckle, cause I left the door open, and the cat got in there to chew it up. It is some dang good jerky, so that cat got a treat. ...plastic and jerky everywhere.. ha ha.

Some of my buddies had a little get together for me to say bye, and after everyone but my friend Ryan left he was talking about what I was eating there and then he made me promise that I would take a container of Lowrys seasoning salt. =) makes me chuckle for sure. so I will probably head to Winco and pick some of that up. Thanks Neal, Chris, and Ryan for a night of beer, Fish'n'chips, darts, and just rad times. I'm pretty excited to be this close to going. I just pray that God keeps me ready and calm. I don't usually get all stressed out about stuff, but anxiety does set in near the end. I just need prayer that everything will go smoothly and that we travel and arrive safe in Uganda 30 hours or so later. I checked the itinerary at the Gosvener's (Leaders) house today, and Jenny and I are sitting next to each other the whole way there. I am so excited that I can share this with her. I am so stoked, you don't even know. =) I cant wait for her to experience those kids most of all. when you pull up to the Orphanage that first time, and all those kids run up to you with HUGE smiles on their faces, and just melt your heart. Ill never forget that...

No comments: