Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 3 (container arrives)



Ok, so today was an awesome day. I mostly just sat out in the sun filming huge celebrations all day. Our container arrived on site today. I filmed the container coming around the corner, I interviewed Pastor George, I filmed us opening the container, I filmed everyone being happy too. I know it sounds amazing when I say it like that, but seriously it was really fun. I am looking foreward to editing the video that I shot today. This is a shot from my Nikkon (that Steven took) of everyone helping unload part of the container. I was sitting on the roof of the kitchen filming the children pandamonium that was taking place. I actually did that all day. I got a great tan... if you dont count the chest.

It was really awesome to see the kids get so excited when we brought the container.

We were really blessed today. We worked with a man that Mark and Dave met in the Amsterdam airport, of all places, that have a very large circle of influence in the Ugandan shipping industry. They have done tons of work with other orphanages in the Kampala area. We actually got an "Official" from the government that was supposed to verify that we had what we said we had in the container. She was an orphan when she was young; we did rather well in that category. We even got the Tarrif reduced from 12,000 to 7,000. Right now its about 10:00PM. I have about 12 minutes left on my internet time. Im sitting in the hotel room with Andrew and Steven just goofing off... other picture is from yesterday, me and some orphans... =)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This is so cool! I was just going to say..."give us a container update" and then you posted this. Awesome. I'm glad to hear that you guys have all your supplies and that you have been able to hang out with the kids. Sounds like you are right where God wants you. Now that you all have the container, how can we pray for you?!

Chris B said...

Adam and Jenn,
keep yourselves safe. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your time.