Monday, July 20, 2009

Opened the Container


Ok, so I am forgetting what I have said in the past postings, and don't have the time to check, so if I repeat myself ever, forgive me.

We had some awesome things happen in the past 2 days. Started with a service at Christian Life Church Sunday morning, which was amazing, and ended with an amazing night of baptisms at the Ridar Hotel pool of 255 orphans. It was real cool, I got to see Joan (child I sponsor) baptized. she had a HUGE smile on her face. A lot of the people here would like to get baptized but cant afford it. Everywhere that has water charges. there aren't many bodies of water around. and those that are are either private, or too harsh for something like that. The baptisms were unforgettable, and it made for a wonderful evening. I did a ton of filming. The picture is of me showing one of the Interpreters how to run the camera. They are all very fascinated with cameras.

Today we actually got word that the contents of the container is all ours. We have paid the Ugandan Government their Tariff, and received custody of the container. We started the day with that knowledge, but we wanted to spend the cooler part of the morning getting more trench dug for the electrical conduit and water piping. We knocked out a good 600 feet or so. We did somewhere around that amount Friday as well, but now we are getting accustomed to it and creating a rhythm; makes the work go by so much faster. after we dug, we decided to unload what we could of the container. We got most of the Clothes out, playground equipment out, AMERICAN PICKS AND SHOVELS OUT.... Finally we get to swing a pick with something other than a tree branch as the handle.. =) I am really excited about that if you cant tell... =) I'm sitting over in the massage area with Pastor George and Mike at the moment, they are waiting to use the computer watching Spanish soap operas in English... haha...

Had some Chipote on the walk back from Seeta this morning, was DE-Lish!!

1 comment:

Lisa Reber said...

Your pictures are soooo great! Sounds like you are having an amazing time. I'm so jealous I can't even stand it :o) Keep up the great work.