Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Frailty of Life

Some of you may know the Neiderts, some of you may not, but I want to invite you if you would like to pray with me for them. Rory was killed yesterday in a car accident on Marine Drive in Portland.

Oh God,
Each of our lives are laid out in your master plan. Sometimes it is so hard to see how you can make good out of the misfortunes in them. I want to lift up the Neidert family to you today. I pray that you would give them incredible comfort as they grieve for the loss of their dear son Rory. I know that it is not easy to lose someone so close to you. I wish that I could carry some of the burden that they must now bear. I am so sad for their loss, but at the same time am so happy that Rory is now sitting with You on Your throne; that he will no longer know the discomforts of this broken world; but the joy and comfort that is found only in You. Rory is happier than he has ever been. I pray that the Neiderts would be surrounded constantly by friends and family and most importantly You, oh God. I pray that your healing arms would surround them and protect them. I pray that the healing process would be swift and that there would be as little discomfort as possible. I know, Lord, that events such as these are very hard to get through, but through them, Lord, you impact lives for Your glory. I thank you so much that Rory knew you. I thank you for the reminder that each breath we breathe is from you, and that at any moment our lives can be demanded from us. We love and miss you Rory! - Amen

3 comments:

Bill Anderson said...

Adam .. my prayers go out to this family and the loss of their child, something as a parent i fear! so nice to hear he was a christian! Lord i pray that the Neiderts are reminded that there are things to big for us to handle on our own ,that we must allow you Lord to carry the burden. That there is power through you christ Jesus to sustain us when nothing else can !

The Lord is near those who are broken- hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit Psalm 34:18

God promisses to be "near to the brokenhearted". to be the source of power, courage, and wisdom,helping us through our problems.Sometimes he chooses to deliver us from those problems. When trouble strikes,don't get frustrated with God instead, Admit that you need God's help and thank him for being by your side.
Rena Anderson

brittany said...

I grew up with Rory. I remember him and Steven were always together causing trouble. He was the loud one and always had a big smile sweeping across his face...

In 1991 we were the ring bearer and flower girl in a wedding together...

Learning of his death has been surreal. For the first couple of hours I didn't believe it. I refused to believe that a young life was no longer being lived and that I'd never see him again at the various events that made our lives cross paths every couple of years.

Then today the reality hit me. No matter what I was doing or thinking about, Rory would come screaming back to the forefront of my mind. The sadness, the questions, the disbelief. The tears lingered throughout the day.

On my drive home tonight I was stopped at a red light when suddenly I heard the word 'Halleljuah' leaking from the car next to me. After the first one came a second one, and a third one... that's when I lost it. In all this sadness and time of uncertainty God is still good. And is always good. Just as soon as that thought entered my mind another thought pushed it out: This was the sound of Heaven. Celebrating his arrival. Rejoicing in his departure from a sad world into Heaven itself. Where suffering doesn't exist and only love abounds.

Rory is now safe in God's arms. And one day I will see him again.

And that smile will still be on his face.

Nicole Neil said...

My best friend, Missy, works with Julie and informed me of this tragic accident. Once I heard of the church they attend, I quickly wondered I you knew Rory. Missy said the service was amazing and lifted her spirits to see Julie so at peace with Gods plan for him. The message given was so profound for parents she called and shared it with me. What an amazing family, I was so touched by their faith.