Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camp Winema

June 14 through June 19 I went to Camp Wi-Ne-Ma.


Camp was really fun, I had a better time than I thought I would. All the campers were really awesome and ended up doing an amazing amount of donating to missions. The total that I heard from Chris Jones was around 2000 dollars.

Pictured above is the wonderful Water Zone that I got to experience. This being my first time at Camp Winema, I wanted to give everything a shot. I must say that some of the most fun I had was pushing and throwing kids off the dock. I also have to say that I got pushed off my fair share. Unlike some of the other counselors, I dont weigh very much more than some of those kids. they could pack a mean punch if they picked up enough speed. I distinctly remember having two other counselors on the the dock with me and the kids attempting to get to me to knock me off at the end. I would stand in the very corner of the dock and bait them, and as they would run to me, the other counselors would just bump them off (casually).

This is a picture of my Cabin. From Left to Right. Standing: Brendon, Graeme, David, and Jeff. Sitting: Tommy, Conor, Me, and Wyat. David(counselor) was taking the picture, so here is a picture of him too. Unfortunatley, the only shot I have of him was one that i think Wyat took when he was sleeping.. (sorry David)



David actully did some cheer-leading cheers from his High School days in front of the whole camp. it was pretty amazing. David if you read this, you should post it on youtube, so I can link to it.

My thoughts about working the camp and working with kids... Love it, I recommend it, I want to do it again next year. =)

No comments: