Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Luau

Well, Last night we had our final official fund raiser. It was a huge success! Our Hawaiian themed Uganda event always makes me chuckle, but it is so much easier to find Hula and fire dancers, then it is to find tribal dancers. =) Everyone loves Hawaii, and that is what people naturally think of when they think of a tropical Paradise.

We had a number of fun booths that our team members staffed; Picture booth, face painting, bounce house, shaved ice, a small section to buy nice Hawaiian clothing and African necklaces, food, and the main events for the evening. I worked in the sound booth with Matt Robertson (New ALC Technical ministries guy), whom I didn't really know all that well, but now that I have spent some time with him; I think he is outstanding. He was a great help. The live and silent auctions went well, the Limbo went well, The hula dancers were very nice dinner entertainment. Then we dimmed the lights put on some rhythmic and pounding music and brought the Fire dancers in. They did awesome. I actually brought my tripod so that I could attempt to get some good pictures of them this year, and I think it worked out.

Thanks so much to everyone who attended, and who helped. The team did an outstanding job.

If you would like to see the most recent picture of the School that we have been and will be working on at Adventure Village, you can click this link.... LINK

No comments: