Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Saturday July 3

Today is Winnie and Levi's Wedding!!! I started writing down thoughts on the way to the church. I was riding on the 25 passenger van packed in there listening to “Snow Patrol” just thinking about the wedding. I can only imagine what is happening in Levi's head. He isn't the most outgoing guy, and to be put on stage in front of so many people is way out of his comfort zone. The Ugandan culture is VERY into dancing. However, he is so in love with Winnie that it didn't really matter all that much to him, he was just ready to be wed. They were both so happy. I can only imagine the difficulty in having a relationship over such a distance. For anyone that doesn't know the story, Winnie was one of our interpreters the 2nd year we came when we installed the water collection system. We split all our missionaries up and paired them with interpreters. Winnie and Levi were paired. The rest is as you might imagine. Now they are married. They are still having problems with the US Embassy though. I dont know if anyone knows someone that works for the US Embassy, or immigration, but they could sure use some help. It has been looking like they are going to have to wait for 9 months to a year before Winnie can come back with him. That situation still needs prayer. I took photos for him at the ceremony. He asked me if I would, alongside the Ugandan Photographers; just in case. I was happy to do so. I ended up taking around 1400 pictures. When I went to bed, I passed out pretty hard. I ended up sleeping in till 7:45 the next morning, which is 45 minutes later than I have yet been able to.

Sunday July 4

Happy 4th of July!!

Today we have church at the Village with all the children. I think that the service at Christian Life Church is very beautiful, but service at the Orphan village is truly amazing. When you hear all the little children singing at the top of their lungs... they are incredibly rhythmic, and full of singing power. Children's Choirs are the most amazing thing to hear for me. In this case, its not a children's Choir, there are just 700 children packed into the church and every one of them is singing as loud as they can. This is Godfrey and I in the Church building waiting for the P7 children to eat their lunch and come back into the church so we can start our study. I was supposed to teach P7 bible study today, but what ended up happening is that all the children that I was supposed to teach came really late, and I had to head to meet up with the Turners for a 4th of July Celebration. I thought that I was going to be getting more tea, but Darrie didn't head west when he got home due to sickness. So, no tea. ...but the little party was fun. We had a great time catching up; the Gosveners, Turners, and I.

Ok, so best story of the Day: Sheala Pritchard was so tired when she got off the plane, she just recently confessed to brushing her teeth with hand lotion before she went to bed... don't quite know how you make that mistake, but she did. must have been tired...   disgusting.   Love her to death.

No comments: