Thursday, January 8, 2009

The New Year

Well, its only the 8th and I am already making a new posting. I dont even know if anyone looks at this thing. I suppose Ill just keep writing in case someone wants to know. =)


Sent our Fact-finding team to Uganda today. there are 4 of them I believe; Ann Powell, Dave Hamilton, Susan and Mark Gosvener. So far, this is shaping up to be another incredible experience; we’ll be expanding the water project, upgrading and installing electrical at the orphan village, hopefully putting in a soccer field and playground equipment, and several other practical projects to improve the quality of life at the village. We may (or may not) send a small team north to Lira for a few projects there as well. We will also be doing our ministry programs with the children and mums. All in all I am totally excited and have turned in my application already, even though I am a Leader and am definatley going I still have to apply.

Lets see. Been really rainy the past couple of days. It has actually been so bad that between the rain and all the snow melting up in the Mountians somewhere, Johnson Creek has been flooding. I took the opportunity to go and check it out. I got to drive through it a few times. It was rad. The picture is of Johnson Creek and Bell in Portland heading West. It was pretty neat for me to see, but im sure terrible for some others.


Neal and Kristi Douglas had a little baby boy, he is absolutley the man. he is my little buddy. I went and visited them in the Hospital and took a few pictures for them. They are a little happy family. Neal is a full time student, and now a full time Daddy. Kristi Im sure is taking a little time off to take care of hudson, and then will go back to work, but be sure to keep them in your prayers.

Excited to see what God brings tomorrow. =)

No comments: